This call is for teams working on a justice innovation.
The HiiL Innovation Justice is in search for innovations that create rights awareness, provide access to legal services or dispute resolution and improve efficiency and transparency in the existing legal system. If you: 1) have a team; and 2) are actively working on a justice innovation, or have a strong idea and commitment to work on it, this is the right place for you!
- Up to 20,000 EUR in equity-free funding;
- Business Development Services and Acceleration;
- Showcasing and exposure internationally
- Access to an international network of mentors
- Potential future funding, and assistance finding more
The HiiL Justice Accelerator has identified a few key “pain points” across the world, in which areas we particularly encourage applications. Click on any of the pain points below to find out why this issue is important, and what types of innovations are creating justice in these areas.
- Crime and Law Enforcement — innovations improving relations between citizens and police or improving crime reporting
- Family Justice — innovations helping families solve disputes or injustices around, for example, divorce, birth, child rights
- Neighbor Disputes — innovations creating efficient, effective, and fair ways to solve disputes between neighbors
- Employment Justice — innovations addressing employment disputes, business formalization, work conditions or job security
- Migration Justice — innovations tackling injustices felt by migrants including rights enforcement, safe travel, and basic security needs
- Land Disputes — innovations solving land disputes over title/ownership or improving protection of property rights
Note that if your innovation does not specifically address one of these areas, you are still eligible to apply! Simply make sure to tell us how your startup 1) addresses a specific justice need in your community; and 2) has some sort of a legal element.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator particularly encourages applications from Africa and the Middle East.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator bases its work on the data gathered by HiiL Measuring Justice, regarding the most prevalent justice needs in a country. As such, we particularly encourage applications from countries in which there has been a recent Justice Needs and Satisfaction report: Tunisia, Ukraine, and Uganda.
Deadline: 30 June 2017
For more information about the Innovating Justice Challenge, or questions about the application process, get in touch with us at email@example.com