Marketing and PR Intern
Remuneration: Basic salary
Location: Workshop 17, The Waterfront
Education level: Diploma
Job level: Graduate
Type: Full Time Contract (6 months)
Silicon Cape is a nonprofit company committed to building and catalysing the technology ecosystem in the Western Cape. It supports the growth of the ecosystem by attracting the right stakeholders to the ecosystem and by working with entrepreneurs, regulators, governments and corporate businesses to create an environment where startups can thrive.
The Marketing and PR Intern will work closely with the Marketing & Project Coordinator.
- Events Planning & Support :
- Helping with planning and organisation of SC events and related activities
- Sourcing of quotations, marketing collateral, speakers
- Manage attendance desk events
- Assist with set-up of venue
- Attend to matters as requested by SC staff in the interest of the event
- Assist with social media accounts:
- Co-create social media schedule and content
- Check all content on website and SM matches
- Posting of content regularly on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Responding to messages and comments from followers
- Provide feedback on trending posts
- Analyse response to social media
- Research content for social media campaigns
- Assist with arrangements for recording of social media content
- Administrative assistance:
- Assist with daily admin tasks (stats,
- Collate information for funders reports, proposals)
- Excellent Communications skills: Is engaging and enjoys communicating with clients and external parties
- Customer-centric: understands the importance of excellent customer service
- Excellent English writing skills: Ability to write online copy in an easy-to-consume manner
- Online research skills: Ability to find up-to-date, relevant information online and distil this into social media
- Professional work ethos: Dependable; shows initiative, can complete tasks within deadlines
- Attention to detail: “Does this look good? Is this consistent? Can this be improved?”
- Keen to learn: Open to detailed feedback; likes to try new things; evidence of curiosity.
- Access to own computer: Preferably Laptop for mobility, with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred skills (not essential, but will aid your application)
- Background or interest in digital media – photography and video
- Has portfolio of design, marketing and or PR activity to date
This is a six-month contract which will suit a graduate looking to develop their skills and gain insights into the tech world.
Please email CVs and inquiry to email@example.com
Closing date : 7 July 2017