DHL eCommerce MoneyAfrica is Africa’s biggest eCommerce Show. Having grown by 45% since 2017 and now in it’s fourth year running, the event will be hosted in the brand new East Wing of the Cape Town International Convention Centre from 14th – 15th March 2018.
South African online sales recently surpassed the 1% mark of total retail sales. Whilst a milestone achievement, developed economies are proportionally further ahead and South Africa, and other African countries require exponential growth to catch up. “The 1% problem is as much an intriguing opportunity as it is a daunting task, the potential for growth and rapid acceleration is real. Understanding where the acceleration opportunities lie not only from an online retail perspective, but in the payments, funding and fulfilment space is what MoneyAfrica 2018 is all about,” says Terry Southam, Managing Director of Kinetic.
With dynamic business and education platforms, guests are afforded networking opportunities to connect and collaborate with the brightest minds in the online marketplace. With over 400 companies attending and 82 international speakers, attendees will obtain key insights and strategic takeaways from thought leaders as well as acquire different perspectives on how to remain competitive in the space by implementing the latest technology available in eCommerce, payments and Fintech.
The eCommerce MoneyAfrica Confex will feature keynotes, panel discussions, technical demonstrations, networking opportunities, cocktail functions and an exhibition showcase; all hosted by industry experts. Bringing together the regions’ top merchants, major retailers, brands, developers, designers and start-ups, the event will welcome business owners, directors and CEOs as well as managers involved in marketing, merchandising, customer service, operations and supply chain management.
Main themes this year include:
- Customer Experience: Winning the CX War – Supercharging Customer Service
- Digital Commerce: From digital pretender to digital performer – raising your Digital IQ
- Omni-Commerce: Perfecting User Experience & Efficiency in eCommerce Sales Channels
- Defining the path to Next-Generation Delivery & Fulfilment & Accelerating Cross-Border Logistics
- Tapping into the Mobile Commerce Revolution
- Disruptive Payments Innovation in eCommerce
- Envisioning the Future of Fintech in eCommerce
Tools and inspiration to grow you eCommerce business in 2018:
Varun Cheemra, Head of E-Commerce Sales, Sub-Saharan Africa, DHL
- Gwenael Trotel, Head of Card and Emerging Payments, Standard Bank
- Thomas Payes, CEO, iPay
- Chris Folayan, CEO, MallforAfrica
- Gary Hadfield, CEO, Loot.co.za
- Luke McKend, Country Director, Google South Africa
- Justin Drennan, CEO, Parcel Ninja
- Nevo Hadas, Partner, &Innovation
- Candace Nkoth Bisseck, Country Manager, Jumia Market – Cameroon
- Leonard Stiegeler, General Manager- Africa, Ringier
- Llew Claasen, Founder, Newtown Partners
- Shruti Chandrasekhar, Senior Investment Officer, International Finance Corporation
- Manuel Koser, Founding Partner, Silvertree Capital
- James McCormick, Principal Analyst, Customer Insights, Forrester
- Scott Picken, CEO, Wealth Migrate
- Simon Hartley, CEO, Wumdrop
- Jaco Maritz – Global GM, Wealth Migrate
- Marcel van de Ghinste, Co-Founder, Travelground
- Tim Bishop, Programme Executive: Digital Fast Lane, Nedbank
- Kevin Tucker, CEO, PriceCheck
- Yossi Hasson, Managing Director, Techstars SA
- Ryan Bacher, Managing Director, Netflorist
- Amanda Cromhout, CEO, Truth
- David Torr, CMO, UCook
“The eCommerce landscape in Africa is evolving so fast that it’s almost impossible to keep up. I have found the eCommerce Africa conference and exhibition to be one of the best ways to be informed and meet those who are making major disruptive and innovative changes in all aspects of ecommerce,” says Chris Folayan, CEO, MallForAfrica.
The advisory panel includes leading industry experts such as: Chris Folayan, CEO, MallforAfrica; Gwenaël Trotel, Head of Card and Emerging Payments, Standard Bank; Varun Cheemra, Head of E-Commerce Sales, Sub-Saharan Africa, DHL, Leonard Stiegeler, General Manager- Africa for Ringier, Galia Beer-Gabel, Head of Business Development, SMBs & Consumer Growth, Africa & Israel, PayPal and Geraldine Mitchley, Senior Director Emerging Payments & Innovation, Sub-Saharan Africa, Visa Inc.
- Title Sponsor: DHL
- Diamond Sponsor: Standard Bank
- Platinum Sponsors: VISA, First National Bank and Paypal
- Gold Sponsors: What3Words, Criteo and One World
- Silver Sponsor: MyGate, Cloudflare, MainAd
“As the market leaders in international express logistics in Africa, we have extensive first-hand experience of the positive impact that eCommerce has on the continent. ‘Brand Africa’ has become increasingly popular across the globe and we’re thrilled to work with thousands of customers across the continent, helping them expand their brand across borders. The evolution of the DHL eCommerce MoneyAfrica is a wonderful platform for DHL to further connect and support the industry,” says Steve Burd, Vice President of Sales for DHL Express Sub-Saharan Africa.
Use the coupon code ECMAFREE and get your free expo pass here.