MERCK is calling all entrepreneurs and innovators in MedTech and AgriTech to join them on their quest to decentralize and democratize the healthcare model, offering an ecosystem which goes beyond just giving a pill to empower patients to better manage their own health.
Through its Accelerator Satellite Program in Cape Town, in partnership with MEST, Merck is looking to collaborate with startups in Southern Africa working on cutting edge innovations, to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck’s internal innovation projects.
Within the Africa Satellites Program of the Merck Accelerator, these are the two challenges they present to startups:
- Healthcare access solutions: To augment the digital access solution services, we are looking for innovative and ambitious startups with a sustainable business model idea in the following areas: delivery of healthcare, financing therapies, healthcare connected logistics, community self-service enablement and affordable, faster diagnosis.
- Biosensing and interfaces: We are looking at generating novel insights and building new business models around the integration of electronics and biology. This will enable us to develop groundbreaking medical treatment solutions, based on a unique mix of sensor data retrieval, machine learning, and curation expertise.
- Precision Farming : Materials, analytics and services that will enable precision farming
This is your gateway to quickly explore and validate the potential for co-creating and collaborating with Merck. In addition to this collaboration winning teams will receive the following prizes:
- $3,000 no-strings-attached cash prize.
- Corporate Collaboration: A fully paid trip to Merck Innovation Center at our HQs to pitch for a collaboration project with Merck.
- Office Space: Membership for up to 12 months to MEST community in Cape Town.
- TrainToInnovate: Access to Merck Innovator Academy TrainToInnovate— an interactive innovation platform to develop innovator skills and share experiences.
- Community: Connect with a rich community of founders and innovators in your region going through the same challenges, as you exchange ideas and build lifetime connections.