SAREBI supports viable energy entrepreneurs who trade in the Renewable and Energy Efficiency sector. We turn energy entrepreneurs into better business people by offering business support and applying appropriate business development interventions. SAREBI’s high-impact Incubation Programme takes entrepreneurs through ideation, commercialisation and growth stages.
The City of Cape Town (CoCT) has enlisted SAREBI, to implement this Enterprise Development initiative with the specific aims to:
- Reduce threats and to maximise opportunities
- Address ecological challenges
- Improve quality of life
- Build our communities
In order to apply, you need to meet the following minimum criteria;
– Have an existing trading business in the following sector fields:
- Energy storage systems, Energy Efficiency and Demand-side Management
- Solar Thermal / Photovoltaic systems
- Electrical vehicles -Automotive systems/component design
- Bioenergy conversion via thermochemical and/or Biochemical processes
- Turbine (wind or hydro) design and engineering
- Electrical plant/component design
- Solid waste management
- Sanitation and sewage systems/components
– Have a sound technical knowledge of the specific technology
– A viable take-off market with a track record of sales
– Be a driven entrepreneur with an aptitude for running a business
Successful Applicants will attend the following upon qualification to enter the next stage
- Master Class workshop series to test your business concept;
- Pre-incubation workshop series, to develop a new operational business expansion plan;
- Incubation support services (Accounting, Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Recruitment Support and IT Support)
About the Incubation Programme
Successful Candidates will be selected to join the Masterclass which successively runs over a 6 weeks period starting on Friday, 20 October 2017. Participants will have the opportunity to pitch the refined business concept and financial feasibility of their business to a panel of judges in order to qualify to go to the follow-up Pre-incubation Workshop series. This will run over a 6 weeks period starting in November 2017. Click here to read more about the Incubation services.
Business owners will work with a team of experienced business development experts during these workshops in order to take the business to the next level.
Cost & Application Process
A refundable workshop fee of R500 per candidate attending is required for participation in this programme. Applicants who attend all workshops, successfully pitch their business idea and who receives a due performance mark for their homework submissions will get a full refund. No partial refunds will be considered. Click here to apply and only fully completed applications will be considered. Apply here
Application closes on Monday, 02 October 2017.
Application reviews will take place during the first two weeks in October 2017. Short-listed candidates will be invited to deliver a pitching as part of the interview process. For questions kindly contact Busiswa Galada, the Business Development Officer on 021 577 2719 telephone number or email:firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information visit our website: www.sarebi.co.za .