The CoCT Support Program for SMME Development in the Renewable & Energy Efficiency Sector 2017
SAREBI supports viable small enterprises who manufacture or provide services to the renewable, clean and efficient energy sector. SAREBI works with entrepreneurs who are establishing or growing small and medium businesses in the Renewable and Energy Efficiency sectors by offering business support and applying appropriate business development interventions. Our mission is to turn energy entrepreneurs into better business people through appropriate business development interventions.
SAREBI’s incubation programme is a high impact programme that takes entrepreneurs through ideation, commercialisation and growth stages.
The City of Cape Town (CoCT) has enlisted SAREBI, to implement this Enterprise Development initiative with the specific aim to:
- Reduce threats and to maximise opportunities
- Address ecological challenges
- Improve quality of life
- Build our communities
Entrepreneurs who are currently trading and wishes to improve their energy business will benefit from this programme. In order to apply, you need to meet the following minimum criteria;
- Have an existing trading business on a renewable or efficient energy technology.
- Have a focus on small-scale embedded generation (SSEG), solar water heating (SWH), small wind applications, or energy efficiency.
- Have a deep technical knowledge of their specific technology.
- A viable take-off market with a track record of sales.
- Be an entrepreneurial-minded person with an aptitude for running a business.
- Qualify as either a new business start-up or trading Qualifying Small Enterprise (QSE).
Applicants who successfully complete each stage will have the opportunity to
- Participate in our Master Class workshop series to test your business. This Ideation workshop can be applied in new business development or to test the validity of an existing business.
- Participate in our business readiness pre-incubation workshop series, to develop a new operational business expansion plan or to re-think an existing business plan.
- Participate in full incubation support, which includes operational support services (Accounting, Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Recruitment support, and IT support)
About the Incubation Programme
Successful Candidates will be selected to join the Masterclass which successively runs over a 6 weeks period starting in August 2017 and the Pre-incubation Programme which runs over a 6 weeks period starting in October 2017. Click here to read more about the Incubation services.
As part of the Masterclass and Pre-incubation Programmes, business owners will work with a team of experienced people who will assist them with enhancing their businesses. They will also receive formal training on various aspects of running a successful business as well as having access to a business coach for the duration of the programme.
Cost & Application Process
A refundable workshop fee of R500 per candidate attending is required for participation in this programme. Applicants who attend all workshops, successfully pitch their business idea and who receives a due performance mark for their homework submissions will get a full refund. No partial refunds will be considered. All applicants must apply via the SAREBI website, at www.sarebi.co.za. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Application closes on 14 July 2017.
An Information Session will be hosted at SAREBI on Friday, 07 July 2017 from 1 pm -2:30 pm to provide an opportunity for clarification questions.Click here to RSVP for the Information Day.
For questions kindly contact Busiswa Galada, the Business Development Officer on 021 577 2719 telephone number or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Post by Sarebi