What: Silicon Cape Networking Event #2
Date: 31 March 2010
Time: 6pm for 6:30pm - 11pm
Cost: Absolutely free
Hi there clever and beautiful people of the Silicon Cape.
You are called upon to attend the second Silicon Cape Networking Event.
We have an extremely exciting line-up of informative entertainment planned for the evening.
- To keep things light hearted and hilarious, we have roped in one of South Africa's Most Amazing entertainers, Rob van Vuuren (from Corne and Twakkie fame), as the MC;
- Justin Stanford will give us a short and sweet update on what's been happening in the Silicon Cape;
- One of SA's leading investors will offer some concise insights into what investors are looking for; and
- then we open the floor up to YOU, the entrepreneurs. 6 - 8 entrepreneurs will be given the opportunity to shake some stealth by pitching their business ideas to the audience. The audience will vote for their favourite and a small prize will be handed over along with everlasting fame. APPLY AND FIND OUT MORE
There will be a cash bar and food stalls so don't forget to bring some moola. The atmosphere will be relaxed and friendly with flattering light and funky home grown tunes to set the mood for a great evening of networking.
Sponsorship enquiries: Silicon Cape's networking events are attended by some of the country's key digital players and members of the tech entrepreneurial and venture capital community. If you would like to enquire about being a sponsor for one or more of Silicon Cape's networking events contact us by sending an email to email@example.com and we can provide you with more information.
It is going to be an unforgettable event, but not without you there, so please register so that we know how many people to expect.
See you there.
More info on the Elevator Pitch competition:
According to Wikipedia, a successful elevator pitch generally answers questions such as:
- What the product, service, or project is.
- What it does for the buyer, investor, or sponsor (i.e. the benefits).
- Who you are and why you will be successful.
But you do not have to have a start up to part take, even if your business is established and you want to tell the community about the great things that you are up to,
go ahead and send us your entry.
The rules are simple, you have 60 seconds to knock the audience's socks off, and a buzzer will interrupt you when your time is up.
You will not have access to a projector, but you are welcome to bring any props with you, as long as you can carry them.
We will then ask the audience to vote for their favourite.
If you are keen to get your idea out there, send your pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Elevator Pitch' in the subject field. An elevator pitch expert will choose the top 6-8 pitches and you will be notified whether yours has been selected a few days before the event.
It's a great opportunity to practice your pitch and get the word out, and have some fun.