We see people discussing Silicon Cape, challenges and more, knowing very little (if any) about each other's startup.

Use this opportunity to introduce your Startup, where it's based, what phase it is in and how things are coming along.

Views: 508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all you creative and business whizzes, cool to connect with you all on a platform like this. My "start-up" if I can call it that is called "The-Colab" The-Colab is an Ethically Focused Communications Agency,
which helps develop people friendly Brands, brands. I'm aiming to create a virtual agency which pulls together a wide array of communications, creative and technical skills from across the globe.

www.the-colab.com

We've tested out a few methods of working and haven't completely found our right fit in terms of business models. We're also exploring various collaboration platforms to co-ordinate remote teams and connect workers with clients.

The aim is to only promote products and services which benefit people and society, we embrace the "No Harm" principle.

But we're still very wet behind the ears. LOL
I'm @nomadone, nice to meet you all
Hi Silicon Cape friends

Become a video journalist so you can produce your own quality video for the net, At the Media Academy we teach in a 4 day course all the basics, so you can start producing your own content. In the 3 months we started we trained people from the media,online and government.We have course dates for October, just surf to our website Have a look at our blog or join our facebook group
Hi all,

I would like to introduce http://www.sneebly.com it is a micro - GEO - blogging site. This is something I created in my spare time and launched it at the end of July 09 for friends and family to play around with. All the micro blogs you make is location based and is visible on a world map (Google map API).
You can follow people, this would enable you to see the history of there movement and the updates they send..

TheNextWeb did a nice write up on Sneebly.com
Read here

I am in the process of integrating to the Twitter API also nearly done with integration with Blackberry and inboard GPS.
I am based in Cape Town and is always looking for new ideas and collaboration projects so please feel free to contact me.. Oh and if you have spare cash, let me know as funding would be great!! :)

Cheers

Ferdi

MORE DETAIL....
What is sneebly.com?

* Sneebly.com is a FREE "micro geo-blogging" site where you can post 120 or less character updates based on a set location.
* Set your location and let people know what you are experiencing and what you are doing

Why use sneebly.com?

* Ever wondered what other people do in different locations across the globe in real time?
* Use Sneebly to to blog your experiences and travels across the globe. - cause your family,friends and co-workers want to know!
* Looking for people close to your current location ?
* Something happening somewhere? - go to the exact map location to see what's happening or if you there, let people know.
* If your location remains static like a business, set your location so that other people can see where you are and what you are offering by posting updates.
Why sneebly? What does it mean? I have a URL called towntwits.com - which was to be a similar project. I have shelved the project due to other funding committments, but perhaps we can talk? Craig (craigm@sharetips.co.za) cell 082 962 1998

fkriel said:
Hi all, I would like to introduce http://www.sneebly.com it is a micro - GEO - blogging site. This is something I created in my spare time and launched it at the end of July 09 for friends and family to play around with. All the micro blogs you make is location based and is visible on a world map (Google map API).
You can follow people, this would enable you to see the history of there movement and the updates they send..

TheNextWeb did a nice write up on Sneebly.com
Read here

I am in the process of integrating to the Twitter API also nearly done with integration with Blackberry and inboard GPS.
I am based in Cape Town and is always looking for new ideas and collaboration projects so please feel free to contact me.. Oh and if you have spare cash, let me know as funding would be great!! :)

Cheers

Ferdi

MORE DETAIL....
What is sneebly.com?

* Sneebly.com is a FREE "micro geo-blogging" site where you can post 120 or less character updates based on a set location.
* Set your location and let people know what you are experiencing and what you are doing

Why use sneebly.com?

* Ever wondered what other people do in different locations across the globe in real time?
* Use Sneebly to to blog your experiences and travels across the globe. - cause your family,friends and co-workers want to know!
* Looking for people close to your current location ?
* Something happening somewhere? - go to the exact map location to see what's happening or if you there, let people know.
* If your location remains static like a business, set your location so that other people can see where you are and what you are offering by posting updates.
I am involved in quite a few startup ventures, at various stages:
- First up - our web agency quickOnline where we try and make online simple through best-of-breed solutions - www.quickonline.co.za
- Next IconVillas* - www.iconvillas.travel - where we make use of an array of web technologies to promote luxury private travel in to South Africa.
- BillingDash - www.billingdash.com - makes it easy to track and bill the services you offer your clients, while using your existing services like Freshbooks for invoicing.

Then I'm involved in a couple of other startups including a medical-services company, a style-consultation application, and a local perfumer.
Hi,

I'm a full-time open-source developer, but have big part-time ideas. Currently in-colab with another developer building an application (which started as a passion project) to capture the sporting enthusiast audience, with strong focus on both web and mobile.

The app has a focal point on localised events, but on an international scale and has actually been built around a solid, profit-making business idea.

Currently time is a huge constraint (and as we all know time = money). Also being developers, having a design partner wouldn't hurt.

If this is your cup of tea and you would like to have a glimpse at working prototype drop me a message.

Cheers
D
Hi Anton,

i'm quite intrigued by your idea and i'm sure many other people are too...
just one piece of advise though: you need to a better website if you're trying to promote your company and your products. You are probably missing out on plenty of potential clients/investors at the moment. I realise spending time and money on a website is not an obvious priority but it's the first point of contact for people who want to find out more about you. and like dating, you only get one shot at making a first impression.

cheers,
Tom

Anton said:
Hi there,

My startup, CellEyes, provides a flexible mobile surveillance solution by means of SW that is installed on a wide range of mobile phones (currently tests were limited to nokia). The software instantly transforms a cellphone into a mobile surveillance cam and / or action cam. The solution positions itself to uniquely leverage the trade-offs between cost, frame rate, bandwidth utilisation and image quality by applying intelligent motion detection algorithms and flexible configuration to have these trade-offs under your control.

We drive a vision of 'on-person-surveillance' where every security guard and police officer in South Africa is equipped with a mobile surveillance phone with instant live and historic footage available on the back-end control panel.

For more information visit www.celleyes.net or email watchthis@celleyes.net

Operated from Cape Town, South Africa.

Good luck to all your start-ups... one good thing about a recession is that it fuels innovation that will drive the next generation of companies!
Hi Shana,
What is your budget for your website? We can maybe assist.

Shana Kassiem (Shana Kay) said:
Hi All,

Startup name infointeg.com. We are based in Cape Town and in the very start-up phase, which is at the funding stage. I need to know where to source relatively affordable resources for my new website considering I am still sourcing funding?

Shana
something i noticed all the start-ups need web hosting. Nerds On Site would like to offer all Silicon Cape members the following:

host your websites with us and pay R114-00 VAT incl. per month.

have a look at what we have to offer:

http://www.nerdsisp.com/hosting-plan-details.html

unlimited space
unlimited bandwidth
your own smtp server-nolonger do u need to rely on your ISP smtp or change smtp when you change ISP or travel overseas.
anti-black listing service-www.dasient.com

if anyone is interested email: yaseen at nerdsonsite.co.za
Hi Carole,

I work together with Martin on Diletto.

Thank you for you suggestion.

This is greatly appreciated.

If there is anything we can possibly help you with please let us know.

Cheers!

Carole Day said:
hi Martin, I have had a look at the online deli site and absolutely love it. we are involved in 2 start ups, ww.thedesk.co.za which is an online concierge and lifestyle management company - manage people's lives and make sure they get out there and have some fun while we do all the mundane stuff! the second is the www.thedatingdesk.co.za (matchmaking service but brand new and not as relevant to you). i think the deli could be fantastic for our clients who have very specific needs which I think you will be able to meet on a ,lot of occassions. we will be including your details on the suppplier list to our clients and I hope that we will be able to support your business. well done! regards Carole Day

Martin Lompa said:
Hey All Silicon Capetonians

Francis and I have started www.diletto.co.za about one and a half years ago, and we have been online for a year now.

Diletto is an Online Deli focussing on exclusive and premium deli products.

Online sales are slow, but marketing and advertising certainly has an impact, we have just been running on fumes, so growth has been slow, but that has allowed us to grow strongly as opposed to quickly.

We are now looking at International opportinities for export.

The daily challenge is connecting with our target market online and offline. Online shopping is slowly gaining momentum in SA.

All the best to you all!
After 10 years of working in the graphic arts industry in europe I am curious about the south african graphic arts industry. Where are the hotspots, how do the people work, what about color management, PDF/X, knowledge - the whole technical stuff. I am interested in providing knowledge transfers.
Maybe this will lead to raise a Startup - or will lead into helping other people to start up.

More info: --> http://www.3f8h.net/en/
Hi

We are based in Cape Town and are the most dominant force implementing colour management systems and standards in SA. Our company is in it's 22 year and has grown into the market leader in the field. We supply many software products into the commercial print industry focusing on standardization within the colour management area and support ISO 12647 , we have a PSO certified consultant and have Fogra Certified engineers. Take a look at www.digitaldistributors.co.za . See what you think?

RSS

Help spear the word!

Add this image to your site:

© 2014   Created by Roger Norton.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service